Elijah: Tug of War – In Depression
What do we do when it seems like everything is falling apart? Where do we run when it seems as though darkness is overwhelming our very being? What is our focus when we simply think we can not go on anymore?
There is not a one-size fit all answer for these questions. This week, we are going to take a look at a time when Elijah was depressed. He wanted to die. We are going to see what happened in this instance.
How does this affect our worship? There are often times when we just want to cry out to the Lord in hurt and frustration and this is ok. God wants to know our hearts. We see many times in the Psalms that the author does just that. God wants to hear us and to help us. In these times, will we still place Him on the throne as Lord of all? Let's ask God to give us the faith to trust Him that He is good and He has purpose for our lives.
Psalm 73:26 says, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Let this be the hope that we cling to.
- You Came to My Rescue – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- Give Me Faith – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- Even When It Hurts (Praise Song) – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- Come As You Are – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- O Come To The Altar (St Charles Campus) – YouTube |Amazon | iTunes | Spotify