Finding Home: Suffer Well For Following Jesus - 1 Peter 3:8-22
As we gather to worship this weekend, we begin to look at persecution in the church. According to the 2016 Open Doors Watch list, there are more than 100 million Christians suffering for their faith in Jesus today. Peter reminds us that suffering for doing good will end up in victory when we surrender to Christ. When we suffer for the sake of the gospel, Christ is glorified and we are able to bear witness of the hope we have in Him.
Our worship services will be stripped down to create a solemn mood to reflect the seriousness of following Jesus. We gather to lift high the name of Jesus and to worship Him in Spirit and truth. Our desire is for all to see God’s goodness and to fall down before Him in awe and surrender. May the chorus of “Holy Holy Holy” be the cry of our hearts this week as we strive to glorify God in all we do:
“Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All thy works shall praise thy name,
In earth and sky and sea.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity.”
- Come Thou Fount - Traditional version
- Yahweh – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes| Spotify
- Holy Holy Holy - Traditional version
- It Is Well – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- It Is Well With My Soul - Traditional version
- Spirit of the Living God (St Charles Campus) – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- No Longer Slaves (St Charles Campus) – YouTube |Amazon | iTunes| Spotify