The Whole Story: Law - Signs of the Messiah
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers…..This is where we are in our journey of The Whole Story. We read about the Israelites being cast into 400 years of slavery, and then freed through the leadership of Moses. At this point, they have not yet reached the promised land. It will take them 40 years to do so, even though this trip should have only taken about 11 days.
So where are they left?
Some would say that this wilderness is much like the state that we live in today. We have been freed from sin and death, yet we have not reached Heaven yet, our promised land.
And so we are in the middle of the Christmas season. The birth of Christ, a baby, sent to free us from sin and shame and give us hope. In the midst of the “wilderness” where we long for paradise, let us look ahead to that. As Paul says, let’s run the race. Let us keep the end in mind. Let us live our lives truly believing that there is something greater beyond ourselves.
As we worship this week, we will continue singing familiar Christmas songs. As we sing these, pay attention to the words you are singing. Pay attention to the truth of the hope that entered this world in Jesus Christ. Think about rejoicing in that truth and giving Him glory, for He alone is worthy. He is the one true King and He shall reign forevermore.
- O Come O Come Emmanuel – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- What Child Is This – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- O Holy Night – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- He Shall Reign Forevermore – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- Go Tell It On The Mountain – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify
- With Everything (Connections Campus) – YouTube | Amazon | iTunes | Spotify